Terms & ConditionsKingston Academy Of Music
Enrollment for private or group lessons, courses, workshops or ensembles requires a completed enrollment form and full payment of tuition fees for the first term
– Acceptance of enrollment is for the two full terms with payment due no later than one week prior to commencement of each term.
– Only complete enrollment forms accompanied by full payment will be accepted and processed.
– Scheduling of private lessons will depend on available time slots with the most suitable teacher(s).
– Places in group courses are available on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the date of enrollment. Verbal notice from students or parents cannot be accepted for re-enrollment.
– A 5% discount (which cannot be compounded) is for 30-minute private lessons only and apply to over-60s discounts also apply to Lunchtime Lessons (30-minute private lessons taken between 10am and 2pm, Monday – Friday).
– For additional lessons taken by a single student or lessons taken by other students from the same family, discounts do not apply to group lessons or courses.
– A 5% discount is available to persons who pay the full academic fees a year in advance, i.e. two terms (which cannot be compounded).
– Verbal notice from students or parents cannot be accepted.
– Notice of withdrawal from private lessons and requests for refunds must be made in writing, addressed to the Academy Administration Office.
– Refunds are made as follows:
- (a) Withdrawal postmarked at least one week before the first scheduled lesson: full refund less €25.00
- (b) Withdrawal postmarked at least two days before the second lesson: student charged for lesson(s) taken, plus one additional lesson.
- (c) No refund will be made after the second lesson.
- (d) Discounts for a second private lesson or for additional family members (see above) will be adjusted if a student withdraws.
- (e) No refunds will be made for courses or group lessons.
– The Kingston Academy reserves the right to cancel any group course because of insufficient enrollment. In such a case, all tuition fees will be refunded.
Photo & Film Release Policy
– We may take photographs of students in lessons, courses or concerts for possible use on our website or publications. We are also in negotiations with a film company for the production of a series on the story of the Kingston Academy of Music.
– No compensation is provided to individuals who appear in the photographs or in the film.
– Please let us know if you do not wish you or your child to appear on the proposed television program or in photographs on our website or publications.
– To ensure your child’s safety, please be sure to pick him/her up promptly after lesson/class time. Children are under supervision during their instruction time only.
Kingston Academy Of Music
– We welcome feedback on our facilities, teaching and quality of work.
– Please contact the administration office with your questions or comments directly on (01) 202 3764 or e-mail Audrey McKenna at [email protected]
– Unscheduled meetings with teachers will not be facilitated.
– Suitable dates & times for such meetings must be scheduled through the administration office.
“The director attracts tutors and pupils that mirror her ethos, that’s what makes the Academy special.
The Academy is a really nurturing environment and that’s what makes it special.”
"When I first came to the Academy, it was like home to me, I loved it.
I never expected or intended to sing on stage, but you get such encouragement that you can’t resist.”
Ethne Burke- Doran
“It’s not the business of teaching you see coming out (in lessons), it is the love of arts, heritage and culture that shows you the value of the Academy.”